Yesterday I had a meeting with my boss. I have been planning on going back to work the whole of my pregnancy. However I have also been praying for a solutions...I don't want to have to work, I just want to stay home with my baby! We don't have the financial means for me to be able to stay home, but it is what I want.
I am due a raise at work. I had my one year anniversary with BCJ in August, but was told I wouldn't get my raise until I got back from my maternity leave. I have been telling myself that my raise would cover the cost of daycare, therefore making working okay. Today in my meeting with my boss I was informed that I wouldn't be getting a raise. I was also told that there would be no Christmas bonus' this year.
In an instant I knew what I had to do. I knew what I needed to do all along, but I just didn't/don't have the faith to follow through. However I told my boss right there that I thought I would not be returning to work. Being a mom is what I have always wanted to do and I can't put money above her well being.
My mom has offered to watch Madi a couple of days a week, however she can't do it 5 days a week. She has a job, and I don't want her to give it up. However I don't want to put Madison in daycare for the other 3 days. So....I quit today. I don't know what we are going to do, however I feel that it is what I need to do and so I am going to follow what I know is right for me and my baby. I told my boss that I would work the month of December so that I'm not leaving him high and dry, but then I will be done working for BCJ. Mom and Melinda will be watching Madison during this month for me, so I wont have to use daycare! Yea!
Earlier this month I called the eye doctors that I used to work for. I called the office manager Debbie and asked her if they ever had need of another transcriptionist (all of their transcriptionist work from home) to please keep me in mind. Debbie told me that they could use me and so I will be starting that next month. I won't make as much as I did with BCJ, but at least I will get to be with Madi and still earn a little bit of money. Otherwise I am just going to have faith that things will work out for us!!!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Posted by Catherine at 8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment