Today history was made in this country! Today was election day. I love that I live in a country where we are allowed to have a say in how this country is ran, and who will be the leader of the country. I love that it is a right that we have. To bad there aren't more people who feel need to vote their opinion. Election day in itself is historic, the fact that we have elected a new President, but another reason this day is historic is because the 44th President of the United States is an African American. President Elect Barack Obama. No matter if you voted for this man or not, he is about to lead this country for the next 4 years at least. I think American will head in a new direction, I can only hope it will be in the direction this country needs to go.
During his acceptance speech he said something that I thought was very profound. He said something to the effect of; "To those of you who's trust I have not gained, I will be your president too." I think of how far this country has come in the last 40 years. 40 years ago this never would have happened. It was amazing to me the amount of people who were there in Chicago to be there when he accepted the Presidency. He had 338 electrial votes compared to McCains 150. It obviously says to me that the country has spoken, wanting this man and what he stands for.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
*History is made today!
Posted by Catherine at 8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment