Monday, June 21, 2010

*Splish splash


Today while at work I kept thinking about taking Madi to the pool. I got home and got busy getting stuff done and dinner and all that needed to be done. The time goes so quickly. Well it was 7:30pm and I thought "so much for the pool!" I then decided that we were going so I called to see what time the pool closed. We had til 9. I grabbed Madi and ran upstairs to get us changed and get our stuff together. We were out the door 20 mins later.
Madi LOVES the pool! I took her floaty's so that we could go in the lazy river, but I should have known better! She was not having ANY of that. I was lucky if she would even hold my hand while walking in the deeper end. She was loving walking in the water even though she kept falling down and under the water. I would pull her up and she was at it again. They have an indoor and outdoor kiddie play area. We went to both and she was really having fun outside, but it was a really chilly outside. Both areas were chilly to me, but at least the inside was a little warmer. She was loving it! She was up and down the stairs, down the slide, playing with all the fun things. They even have fountains that shoot up to just about her chin and higher. She went over to them and put her face right in them. She was having such a great time. I wish that I would have had a waterproof camera to catch the look on her face.
A little before 9 I told her it was time to go. She shook her head no, but when I wrapped her in a warm towel she didn't complain any further. I took her in and gave her a shower and put her in her jammies! She had so much fun. It is such a process taking a baby swimming, but I am really glad that I did it! I wish I had more time right now to do stuff like that with her. She is such a fun age!
Tonight she said "ot oh" (ought oh - not sure how to spell it!). She is starting to say words and I am loving it! Anyway, so glad that I went even with all that I need to do... it can wait. Madi needs to get to do some kid things instead of just watching her mommy and daddy work all the time! :)

0 comments: