Tonight when I got home from work I decided to take Madison and Sadie for a walk over to the park. Brice was talking to a guy about selling the jeep so off we went. Madi was, of course, had to pushing her stroller instead of riding in it until she got tired. We got on the other side of the street when I think she got hot her little legs got tired. It was hot out there. Anyway she had condesended to sit in the stroller and let me push. I got to the edge of the park when she noticed the playground. She immediately got up and started running towards the playground. She kept looking back at me and doing her little arm circle the "come on" move. Sadie took off after her. It was cute. As soon as she got over to the playground she was up and onto the slide. She sat down at the top of the slide and said - before even going down - "weee". SO CUTE!!!


She was loving it! She even wanted to go on the swing. She has never wanted to do this before, in fact when I have tried before she has always put up a fuss. Tonight however she was just laughing and having a great time.
Today while at work I got a call from my friend Jodi. They live just a couple of streets north of us. Their swamp cooler still isn't working despite her husbands best efforts to get it working. Anyway, she called and asked if Brice would be able to come over and look at it. I don't know how they have lived this long. Today it was in the 90's again. She called while Madi and I were still at the park to tell me that I should come over when Brice comes to fix the sprinklers. Her girls had their swimsuits on and were playing in the water. I thought that was a great idea. We headed home to get Madi's swimsuit and get Brice.
We got over there and they have their trampoline over the rotating sprinkler. Madi had never been on a trampoline, so she was a little hesitent. It didn't take her long to get the hang of it. She was having a great time! Jodi's youngest, Gracie, is just four months older than Madi so it was fun for Madi to go over and play. Need to do some more of this friend thing! Oh how I need more time in my life.. and not to be working full-time!
After jumping on the tramp Jodi got them some chips and water. I guess I should have done dinner before going to the park. However I really feel that I need to do some fun things with Madi when I can. Brice and I work so much and poor little Madi has just had to learn to entertain herself. Not that that is a bad thing. I just wish I had a little more time to do some fun things with her. It was really fun to see Madi just being her little self making friends and playing. I really hope that she will have an easy time making friends.
Anyway.. it didn't take Brice very long to get things blowing for them. They were all quite happy when he said he was done. We stood around talking for a bit before we left and you could already feel the difference in their house. I really like the Starr's. They have really been so helpful to us the past couple of years. Brice was glad to have the opportunity to help them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment