Today is Brice and my third anniversary. WOW, really? We made it three years? :) It's hard to believe that three years has past. Time just keeps on moving doesn't it? Brice sweetly planning ahead asked mom last week if she would be able to babysit for us tonight. Unfortunately she is working. I told Brice we could the three of us go to dinner last night and then find a babysitter for tonight and go to a show to celebrate. About half-way through our busy day I was glad we didn't get one.
When I got back from IFA Brice was busily adding on to the chicken coop. He will tell you that he doesn't care a thing about the "buzzards", but I ask you.. who is always fixing/making things for them? Anyway.....
Shortly after I got home and I made some lunch. By then my princess was awake. We took lunch out to Daddy and sat at our new table and had lunch. I really like our new table!
Here is my grown-up girl doing it all herself. And if you try to help, she will tell you otherwise!!
After lunch I introduced Madison to our newest editions. Four new baby chicks! Brice is still shaking his head at me. I was only going to buy 2 or 3, but then the girl told me this was the last of the chicks for the season. The thought came to my mind "What if one of these turns out to be a rooster?" And I really think I have two roosters now, not just the one. We will have to wait and see if the other one starts crowing!! Anyway.. how can you not love these little fur balls!! They are all fluff! They are starting to get feathers so they wont be inside to long before I can put them in the coop, but they are so cute. So that brings our chicken total to 8 counting my rooster. I still haven't decided his fate yet! We have 2 buff orphington's (one of these is my rooster), 3 white leg horns (I think my other rooster is one of these), 2 golden sex links - these ones are really pretty right now... I just got them today. I hope their feathers come in really pretty, and 1 welsummer. This is a really rare breed and they didn't have it before when I got my chicks so I decided to get one now. They lay really large tara cotta colored eggs!
I think Madison is just as smitten with them as I am! She gets so excited to hold them until they flap their wings. Then she gets a little nervous. It really cute to watch her with them though.

0 comments:
Post a Comment