Saturday, June 12, 2010

*They go so quickly

I love Saturdays. I don't think I appreciated them as much when I wasn't working, but now I really look forward to them. I have the whole day to do whatever I want, to love and play with my baby! This morning started with Brice going on a guys breakfast. Brice loves going to breakfast! So while he and Lance were at breakfast my lovely assistant... and I went on a tour of the yard. This is the overall view:We then went to visit the chickens. This is Ivy. I think she might be my next rooster, only time will tell I guess. I am hoping that she isn't though.

The chickens were so excited to get outside of their coop. Sadie took to chasing them of course! :)

This is my sweet little garden. It is really coming along this year! Love it. Brice laughed at me all last year as I could spend loads of time just watching my garden grow!

My peas are really taking off! I don't know what I have done so differently. Actually I think its all in the watering. I think we watered WAY to much last year. This year I have taken a new approach. It's called rain. lol The peas on the far left are the ones that my chickens ate when I planted them. They are growing.. just not as quick as the others. My peas didn't even get this big last year and I planted them twice, so hopefully we will have a good harvest this fall.

The rain is really bringing out all the weeds too. Of course it also could be that I haven't been able to go out and weed, but there really are quite a few weeds out there. I got as many as I could today without running through the mud.

My chicks are growing SO FAST! Last week they were barely a head over the top of the Rubbermaid. This week they are towering over it. Even my little white leg horn is getting big. Last week I had to put her in and out of the Rubbermaid, now she is jumping in and out like its no big deal. If Lily isn't a rooster I will have three white leg horns. They are the best white layers there are. It will be interesting to see how many they lay and when they start!

These are my golden sex links. I think they are so pretty right now. They will have mostly brown feathers, but I hope that you can still see these pretty white feathers. These are suppose to be the most family/children friendly birds. They are good egg layers too!

This is my welsummer. Brice calls this one "Obama". It will be just my luck the name will stick! I haven't taken to naming any of this batch yet.

Once the survey was over we went back inside. Mom came down so that I could color her hair. I put Madi down for a nap before starting on mom, but Madi was not having it. So once I got the color on mom's hair I went and got her out of her bed. She played for a while longer. I tried to give her some lunch, at this point she was just to tired and wouldn't eat much. She was tired but didn't want to go to bed. I took her up and snuggled her for a bit. She finally settled down. I had so many things to do around the house, but NO desire to do them, so I got reacquainted with the couch. It was a lovely nap. When Madi got up she pulled this toy out from behind her crib. Every time she sees it she points to it. I gave in and pulled out of the plastic bag. She was so funny with it. In fact she kept going back to it all day. I had to laugh at this picture.. binkie and all! She is already reverting back to infancy! lol

We met Patrick and Melissa at Costco tonight to do some grocery shopping for our family trip next weekend. We went to dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries, yummy but just put it on my thighs before I even eat it! We then came home and played outside for a bit. Madi is a lover of the great outdoors. It was a nice night despite all the rain today. It was cold out today/tonight. I think it was around 60 which is just crazy for the middle of June.

As I went to put her in the tub she wanted to sit on the potty. Not the little Madi potty, the big girl potty. So I put the insert seat onto the big girl potty and she sat! After a few minutes I asked her if she were done. OH NO! She was just having a great time.

I kept asking... still no. I think she sat there for about 20 or so minutes. She was really having fun with the toilet paper aspect of the potty. Had to finally take it away from her. Told her she only got that after she went potty.

This is her singing her song and having a great time on the big girl potty!

I finally put her in the tub (much to her dismay!). When we were finished with the tubby she was standing up rinsing with the shower head. I use this for rinsing her hair and the tub, she thinks it's great fun to hold it and rinse her. Anyway.. she was standing there rinsing and she started to go potty. So I told her that we should hurry and sit on the potty. She immediately wanted to do this. I think only maybe three drops made it, but she did it! She was so excited. I think I will suggest the potty, but still not keep it a priority. I think she is smart enough to want to do it on her own. Keep you posted on this one! Anyway. That's my Saturday...over! Only one more day and then back to my cell.... luckily only three days next week. Then off to West Yellowstone. Hopefully it will be a really fun time.

4 comments:

Shy Little Violets said...

I love hearing about your day! She's such a doll, I can't stand it. Love hearing about each chicken and their disposition. We got our chickens from Sunnybrook farms, bad idea. Your chickens and huge, we only have one large chicken. Ours are named Gussy, Goose, Ginger and Gigi. Hopefully Ivy isn't a rooster, we hope none of ours turn out to be but if so we'll go to IFA for new ones.

Catherine said...

Melinda.. I hope you don't have any roosters. We were at IFA (at least the one in SL) and they are out of chickens for the season! I'm glad my rooster crowed when he did! Love you!

Kristy said...

Wow, you are industrious! You have a beautiful home, a beautiful yard, a beautiful family, and chickens. I feel so lazy right now. Way to go, girl!

Catherine said...

Kristy... you are so sweet! Lucky for me you can't see the dust in the pictures or the slime in the bathrooms. Right now we are just doing the "HAVE TOO'S". As far as the chickens go... they are so easy. Other than giving them food and water once a day.. nothing to do but watch them! It's really become quite the past time for me. Miss you though!