It's amazing to me, how you find someone in your life who has been there for some time, but all of a sudden becomes so important to you. This is my cousing Melinda. She and my cousin Jesse have been married for 8 years. They dated for quite a few years before getting married so I have know her for some time. This year she and I have become so close. I don't know the particular instant we became so close, but I am so grateful her!
Melinda is who got me into blogging! I used to read her blog often and was so facinated by all the great things she was doing for her little family. Infact she even got my blog started for me so all I had to do was start adding entries. Melinda is an amazing mother to her son, and someone that I admire for many reasons. The first week after I came home from the hospital with my little Madison, Melinda and I bonded on a new level (at least for me). She and I talked on the phone for close to an hour. She listened to me, cried with me, laughed with me, and empathize with me! It was what I needed and was missing from so many other conversations I had had with others.
She then did the most incredible thing for me before hanging up. She offer to watch my little Madison (if I ever needed her to) while I was at work! My mom had told me when we first found out that I was pregnant that she would watch Madi for me. How grateful/excited I was for this. No daycare for my prescious little baby! My mom also works a part-time job at Macys. She just recently got put on days instead of the horrible night hours she has worked for over a year. I didn't want mom to have to give up her job, but I didn't want to have to send my baby to day care. Enter Melinda! When she offered this I was so grateful. I had been facing the thought of having to send Madi to daycare on the days mom worked. Now I had a solution. It took a huge weight off my heart!
Tuesday was going to be the first time I took Madi to Melinda's. However Mom called me tonight and told me she is not feeling well. She told me that she would still take Madi, but she wanted me to know that she was ill. I told her I would call Melinda. When I called Melinda she so willing said yes! She is such a sweet heart! I don't know how I got so lucky to have her be so wonderful to me! I know that Madison is going to get sick. I just don't want to put right in the middle of it if I don't have to. Plus I would rather it be when I am not working full time so that I can be the one taking care of her. Anyway... Melinda to the rescue AGAIN!! I'm telling you I love this girl!!! Thanks Melinda! What a hero you are to me! (and Madi)
Melinda is who got me into blogging! I used to read her blog often and was so facinated by all the great things she was doing for her little family. Infact she even got my blog started for me so all I had to do was start adding entries. Melinda is an amazing mother to her son, and someone that I admire for many reasons. The first week after I came home from the hospital with my little Madison, Melinda and I bonded on a new level (at least for me). She and I talked on the phone for close to an hour. She listened to me, cried with me, laughed with me, and empathize with me! It was what I needed and was missing from so many other conversations I had had with others.
She then did the most incredible thing for me before hanging up. She offer to watch my little Madison (if I ever needed her to) while I was at work! My mom had told me when we first found out that I was pregnant that she would watch Madi for me. How grateful/excited I was for this. No daycare for my prescious little baby! My mom also works a part-time job at Macys. She just recently got put on days instead of the horrible night hours she has worked for over a year. I didn't want mom to have to give up her job, but I didn't want to have to send my baby to day care. Enter Melinda! When she offered this I was so grateful. I had been facing the thought of having to send Madi to daycare on the days mom worked. Now I had a solution. It took a huge weight off my heart!
Tuesday was going to be the first time I took Madi to Melinda's. However Mom called me tonight and told me she is not feeling well. She told me that she would still take Madi, but she wanted me to know that she was ill. I told her I would call Melinda. When I called Melinda she so willing said yes! She is such a sweet heart! I don't know how I got so lucky to have her be so wonderful to me! I know that Madison is going to get sick. I just don't want to put right in the middle of it if I don't have to. Plus I would rather it be when I am not working full time so that I can be the one taking care of her. Anyway... Melinda to the rescue AGAIN!! I'm telling you I love this girl!!! Thanks Melinda! What a hero you are to me! (and Madi)

1 comments:
The feeling is completely mutual Catherine. I need that female friendship more than you'll ever know. I have very few female friends and I consider you one of the close ones. I'm so glad I got to know you all over again.
Post a Comment