Thursday, December 4, 2008

*Christmas Decorations

Today I finally got my Christmas decorations put up. I wanted to have them done for the blessing, but we had to many other projects going on to have to handle all that too. Anyway, Brice brought everything upstairs and put the tree together. I love my Christmas tree. I bought it like ten years ago for $35. It looks so real! When I put the lights on the first time, I wired them on because I hate putting lights on the tree (this was long before the trees came with lights). I love lights! I have over 2000 lights on my tree. With this many lights the tree tends to blow fuses on the strands of lights. I think last year 5 different times the lights blew out! Brice threatened again this year he was going to get a new tree! We decided that we would give this tree one more try! This is my tree! It lights up our entire house!! I love it!

This year as I was putting up my tree I was thinking about why it is I like so many lights. When I was 11 years old my father was killed. He died on the 30th of November. For so many years Christmas has been a gloomy time of year! I love Christmas and all that it represents. I love the snow and all of that stuff.... but there was always a bit of gloom. Then five years ago my brother was killed on the 17th of November! So Christmas has always been, and will probably remain a gloomy time of year. This year there was new light to my holiday! Our sweet little Madison has added so much to our home. Anyway... I was just thinking of lights and why I like them so much! Who knows???

This is my sweet little side kick! She is always by my side! I love this little poochie! She keeps me company no matter what I am doing. She has had a hard time sharing me with Madison, but she is doing really well. She watches me, follows me from room to room. She is a great dog and I am so lucky to have her! Anyway... I thought this was a cute picture of my little companion. She is a sweetie!!

0 comments: