Well.... I am down to just 5 weeks of pregnancy left. Please baby, come in 5 weeks, or less!! :) This past weekend Brice and I wanted a final get away...before having to pack up half of the house to go away for a minute or two. Anyway, we went down to Las Vegas. I don't like Vegas, never have, never will. But it was close enough we could drive (since I can no longer fly) and yet has a couple of things to keep you entertained!
Last week the baby started to drop. Thank you baby Madison, out of my lungs!! This has been a good thing overall. Well... we got to Vegas on Friday afternoon. Saturday morning we woke and started to walk around. It was then that I noticed a new sensation never felt before. A baby in my pelvis!!! Not quite a comfortable feeling, and gave a whole new meaning to waddling. OH MY GOSH!! I said to Brice..."this baby is making her way out!" I just hoped she wouldn't come while we were away.
We had tickets to see Mystere by Cirque Du Soleil. It was amazing!!! Talk
about muscle control. Made me even more jealous of these incredible athletes, as I looked at my own wide round shape I am carting around!! We also took a gondola ride at the Venetian. However with the heat, the baby in my pelvis, swelling, and serious back pain I asked Brice Sunday morning if he would mind going home a day early. Brice told me that on Saturday night I was talking in my sleep. I asked him what time my water had broken and if my contractions had started (or something to do with going into labor). When he told me that Sunday morning I realized just how worried I was that I would go into labor so far away from home.
about muscle control. Made me even more jealous of these incredible athletes, as I looked at my own wide round shape I am carting around!! We also took a gondola ride at the Venetian. However with the heat, the baby in my pelvis, swelling, and serious back pain I asked Brice Sunday morning if he would mind going home a day early. Brice told me that on Saturday night I was talking in my sleep. I asked him what time my water had broken and if my contractions had started (or something to do with going into labor). When he told me that Sunday morning I realized just how worried I was that I would go into labor so far away from home.Needless to say, we hurried and pack up (I was so excited to leave I was packed in 20 minutes), and headed home. It was nice to have a whole day (before going back to work) to spend together at home. I did my first load of baby clothes today!!! Getting ready for her arrival, and we took the pooch up to Park City with us. Sadie was so happy to see us a whole day early too! She loves mom, gram and Callie...but she is such a mommy's girls.
Brice's favorite part of the vacation happened just under two hundred miles of us starting off on our adventure. It came when I got the first speeding ticket in his new car. I found out that the Highway patrol doesn't like it when you do 102mph, even in the desert! Whatever! Don't they know there's nothing out there to hit besides sagebrush! Anyway... Brice is still gloating about the fact that I got the first ticket, he couldn't wait to call and tell my mom! Tattle tell.

3 comments:
Ooo, how dang exciting! Yep, gotta get Vegas out of your system with the little one almost here. I can't believe how little time you have left. I'm sure it's dragging for you but it's almost over. I'm getting so excited for your shower, I just ordered your presents today and can't wait to tote them over to Suzanne's. I'm getting giddy for you! I haven't been to a shower since my own and i'm so ready to return the love. Love you guys!
Cassie, It's so good to find you blogging. How are you? Congratulations on soon arrival of your baby girl. That will be so exciting. Where are you working now? We are in Logan now, I work for a hand specialist. Hope you are doing well.
Cass, I'm glad you got to get away! Nothing like a trip to Vegas when you're pregnant. I did that too, and it's so hot I swelled to like 3 times my normal size (probably not an exaggeration). I won't be able to come to your shower because we're leaving on our cruise the same day. I'll have to come see you and Madison after she's born. I have a grandbaby today! Jen had her little girl a month early, but she weighs 6 lb 7 oz and is doing good. Hang in there! Love ya!
Post a Comment