Thursday, September 4, 2008

*Baby Check

Why is it when you are in a hurry...NOTHING goes your way. So I had a staff meeting today, I also had a baby check. I thought "I'll just show up a few minutes early and maybe get out a few min's early." WRONG!!! So after sitting in the waiting room for 20 minutes, then Medical Assistant calls me back. After weighing me (yes this is my FAVORITE part of the visit!) and letting me give my urine sample, she then tells me that somehow I was scheduled wrong. My appointment was for 8:30, Dr. Cannon doesn't get in until 9. How does the receptionist NOT KNOW THAT????
The MA asked me if I wanted to go and come back. I told her I would just wait. After another 20 minutes the nurse came in to tell me that Dr. Cannon had gotten called to the hospital on her way in and would be another 20 minutes!! She then asked me if I would like her to check me. I said that would be great. She then told me that starting next week I would have my visits would go to weekly. That I was expecting. What I wasn't expecting was what she said next. Because of my "Advanced Maternial Age" (becasue I am 35) with each visit they will do a non-stress test on the baby and an ultrasound to check my anmiotic fluid. Oh joy. So each visit will be about 2 hours. My boss is going to love this!

0 comments: