Monday, June 30, 2008

When it rains it pours!!!!

This morning Brice stopped and put $65 into his gas tank. Gotta love the price of oil these days!! A few hours later he took his car for an oil change. Then on the way back to the office his check engine light came on! He went back to the Honda dealership to see what was wrong. He called me on his way to share the good news.

A while later, after they had looked at the car, he called back to tell me we were looking at close to $4000 in repairs. I guess the whole top part of the engine has a major problem! We also had been told that sometime in the next 12,000 miles the transmission is going to need to be replaced. So we were now faced with putting all this money into Brice’s car, and more down the road, or getting another new car!

After talking over with his friend (whose father just happens to own the dealership) we decided that it would be better to cut our losses and get another new car! We were really glad this was the dealer we ended up getting my car through on Saturday, as they then were fully aware of our somewhat desperate situation, and willing to help us out as much as they could.

After spending most of his day at the dealership they put a dealer plate in the car he had decided to get and headed for home. On his way home a construction type truck carrying rather large steel beams decided to lose a beam directly in front of Brice. I’m not even kidding!!! Luckily for us Brice ran over the beam (it didn’t do any damage to the car that we know of yet) but it took out 2 cars behind him. So he then spent over an hour dealing with the Highway patrol and all four drivers involved. Could the day just end? PLEASE??? I hope July is a better month for us!!! I told mom tonight… “I’m sure glad we pay our tithing, cause I’d sure hate to see our trials if the Lord WASN’T on our side!

One good thing that happened today…I had a baby check and everything is going well. We are growing just as prescribed! The baby had the hiccups today when the Dr. was listening to the heartbeat. She told me that is a good thing and to continue to watch for that. I have noticed that the baby has the hick-ups quite a bit. It’s funny to know that’s what all that movement is!!

1 comments:

Brett Nielson said...

Hi Catherine,

Your life sounds quite normal. I'll have to tell you a car story some time. Congrats on your new baby and new life. I greatly appreciated your comment on my blog. I'm so glad that it made you feel better.

Keep the faith!