Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ward Camp Out 2008

Friday night was our ward camp out. It was fun. We got home from work on Friday afternoon, hurried and loaded the car and then headed out. This year we got there earlier then last year, which was nice. Let me tell you how fun setting up a BRAND NEW tent in the dark rolls on a new marriage relationship... we thought we'd avoid that one this year. So we drove through Arby's on the way up and got to the campground (up above Oakley) well before sundown. We got the tent and chairs set up without any incidents, and set out to enjoy the night. Last year we didn't take Sadie's bed, and Brice ended up sleeping on the ground, so this year we packed her's along as well. Poor dog, can't really blame her for not wanting to sleep on the rocky ground. Families continued to roll in throughout the night. It was a nice evening weather wise and good company as well. Soon we got a fire blazing and pulled out the marshmallows. I don't like marshmallows, unless they are slow roasted over a camp fire. I am quite the roaster if I do say so myself, there is nothing quite like boiling hot, crunchy sugar!!!! Needless to say the baby was jumping around for a while when I went to bed after all that warm gooiness. It was fun to watch all the kids get excited about roasting their marshmallows and all the mothers freak out as their kids got too close to the fire. Guess I'm not to far off from joining that crowd. Sadie was great.. loving every part of being on an adventure with us. She was very grateful when we climbed into the tent to go to bed, as she kept trying to find a comfortable position around the campfire as Brice and I chatted. We finally got to sleep once we got through all of Brice's air mattress antic's, it wasn't happening in the woods with so many ward members ears close by, but he did make me laugh. As early as the sun started to rise Sadie thought it was time to get up. Or at least get some early morning loves in. She climbed up on the mattress next to me to cuddle, which was good until she started to lay on my every growing budda belly. That wasn't so comfortable. I pushed her over to Brice where she cuddle right up to her daddy for her good morning loves. I love how attached she has become to Brice, and he to her! Soon enough though she couldn't be contained and we went outside of the tent for her morning walk, despite the fact it was freezing. I say freezing because even Brice was cold. That's how I know that it's really cold outside, when Brice is cold. When we got back to the tent Brice and I both climbed back into bed and under the covers. Sadie took up her look out position right in front of the tent door. This was good with her as long as I kept the tent door open and my hand on her back to pet her. She is really funny...every morning when we get home from our walk she likes to sit in the front yard and watch the world go by. This morning was no exception. Just a lot less going on. She finally got back in the tent to take her morning nap, I was excited cause I thought I could catch a few more "Z's" too, when Brice said..."I'm done. I can't lay on this mattress any more!" So much for my morning sleep in. We made our way over to see if there was anything we could help with getting breakfast going, and then ventured back over to our camp site to start packing up. We left shortly after breakfast and headed home. I put Sadie in the shower as soon as we got home and washed out about have of the campsite from her fur! Then I went to the couch where I crashed for the next four hours!! Camping at 6 months pregnant wasn't to bad, except I forgot my pillows, so no propping up my tummy or my head. Plus I stuffed my pregnant body into a mummy sleeping back that kept sliding off the air mattress all night long. (We were on a bit of a downward slant.) Needless to say I didn't sleep to well. But it was fun anyway. I don't know if next year I'll be quite as excited to go with a new baby...but we'll see.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Cute kids, cute dog, but I don't about that husband. Where did you dig him up? :)
We had a great time camping with you. Can't wait til next year when you are the ones getting thrown up on. haha!