Today for Father's day we didn't do a whole lot. Went to church, went to dinner at my mom's, I crashed on the couch, Brice went to rescue his parents from car trouble! However, this afternoon I have been reflective... with my first child due this fall this is the first Father's Day that has had any significance to me in a very long time. Brice is so excited for this baby! He shares in all my planning, helped me decorator the nursery, listens to my fears, and rubs my budda belly!
What makes it bittersweet is Brice has not seen his 3 boys in almost 2 years now. This is a long story and one that makes us both frustrated and sad. I know Brice worries about his boys often. He wonders where they are and how they are! He hopes they are okay and being well taken care of, as we have not been allowed to even contact his youngest two by phone, let alone have our visitation!!!
I know that Brice will be a great dad to this baby. I watch him with mine and his nieces and nephews. He loves to tease!!! He is so attentive to me when I don't feel well, and constantly wants to be by my side. I hope in the future we will be able to be a "whole" family, that our daughter will know and love her brothers and have a great relationship with them. For now all I can do is place my faith and trust in the Lord, and know he has a plan. I so look forward to the day when Brice and I get to meet this little child!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Bittersweet
Posted by Catherine at 10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment