Thursday, June 5, 2008

One year down, and all eternity to go...

Today was Brice and my 1st wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe how quickly time goes. We've had our laughs, quarrels, and lots of adjusting!!! I keep telling Brice that I am not a princess to live with....luckily for me he keeps overlooking my faults and continues to love me. It was a good day. Started the day out with a baby check. We are both growing along. I say both because I am grateful for the reason to have such an ever expanding waistline!! I told Brice, how sad is it that on our first wedding anniversary I don't fit into my wedding dress. He told me I have a valid excuse! It is my hope to be able to fit back into it on my second!! Anyway, it was good to hear her heartbeat. You are in a constant state of worry while you are pregnant. At least this has been my experience. I constantly wonder is it gas I feel or her moving! So at least every 4 weeks I get my conformation that things are still all well and good inside. I just wish there was a little peep hole into your belly that you could watch them moving and growing!!



Shortly after I got back to work from the Dr's. a beautiful delivery was brought into my office. Long stem roses from my sweetheart!! This is the second time within 8 months that Brice has sent roses to me at work, can I just tell you how jealous the girls at work get! Even a couple of the guys made comments about me getting flowers again. They are beautiful and smell so good. I left them at work so I can look at them all day again tomorrow.
When Brice called me this afternoon, he asked me what I wanted to do tonight, or if I had any plans for our evening. We try to have date night every Friday, so I asked him if he wanted to just wait and go to dinner tomorrow. He told me that Friday was date night, but this was our anniversary and it was special... so we were going to dinner. He already had reservations at The Melting Pot. We had gone here one time while we were dating. It was fun! It was really a nice evening. When we got home he had some work to do. He told me I could go paint (he knew I was dying to keep working on it.) About 20 mins later he asked it I was done. I just laughed! I tried to paint as quick as I could.
Anyway... as far as anniversaries are concerned, it was a really nice one for me. Brice gave me some saphire and diamond earrings for our anniversay before we left for CA (they match the ring he gave me for Christmas), I told him to wait for our anniversary, but Brice gets to excited to give me gifts! I gave Brice his beloved Garmin that he has been drowling over for months now. Well... here's to the first year being over and many more to look forward to.

1 comments:

Shy Little Violets said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I love that you are blogging. It's really fun to see what everyone does on a daily basis. Thanks for giving me a peek into your lives. Can't wait to get together soon!