Sadie is my dog, but really she is my baby. I call her my furry baby! I got Sadie when she was 7 weeks old and weighted a mere 8 pounds. She is now 3 1/2 years old and weighs 93 pounds. She is the first dog that I have ever had, and the sweetest thing as well. She loves to be loved. She could be pet, and kissed and loved on 24 hours a day! She loves it when I kiss her forehead. I will "rapid fire" kiss her forehead, and when I stop and move a little ways away.. she will put her forehead back up to my lips to get more kisses!! There have been many times when I am kneeling by my bed praying, and crying...as soon as she hears me crying she comes to my side. It is not enough for her to just sit there to comfort me. She will nudge me with her nose until I wrap my arm around her as she sits by my side, as if to tell me it's okay and she is there for me! She has been such a comfort to me, as well as filled a nurturing need that I had before Brice, or this baby. Sadie is a inside dog, but she loves to spends quite a bit of her day outside by the fence watching the world, and the school kids go by. However, when I am sick, or have a migraine and am home on the couch, she only leaves my side long enough to relieve herself and make sure her back yard is secure. Then she is right back by my side. Whenever I move or lift my head, she stands up to check on me. It really is a cute to watch her do this. When I come home, from anywhere, she is waiting at the door for me, with toy in mouth and tail wagging.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
**Sadie
As soon as I walk through the door she drops down to get her belly loving!! It makes me laugh every time. She follows me everywhere. She sits in the bathroom as I get ready to leave, she follows me to the door and watches me go. At night when we go upstairs to go to bed, if we leave her downstairs because she is to sleepy to walk upstairs with us, pretty soon we will hear these little barks/yelps. Kinda like "Hey... you left me down here." She wont come up on her own then. I have to go down there and rub her belly and bring her upstairs! It's really kinda funny. Anyway, I could go on and on! I love this dog. I just hope I will continue to give her the love she needs after this baby is born! I really think she will just love the baby. She LOVES kids. I just need to remember to give her her puppy loves!
Posted by Catherine at 11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment