Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Painting

Last night I started to paint the nursery. On Saturday we went and ordered our crib and dresser, there went that savings... I guess that's what savings is for... to spend it on your children right? Anyway, as soon as we left Baby's R Us I told Brice that I wanted to start painting the room so that when the crib gets in we can put it together in the room and then I can go in and "just look" at it!!! -No excitement here, really- So last night when I got home from work I started in. I'd forgotten all the prep work it takes to paint. Brice and I had washed the walls Monday night, so they were ready to paint, but the taping, drop cloth, ladder, prepping the brushes..... and on and on and on. So it was after 7pm when I was able to actually start. It was Brice's temple night, so mom came down to visit and keep me company. She also brought Callie, which was nice to keep Sadie entertained. I also said to mom, "It's nice your here incase I accidently fall off the ladder!" Mom didn't think that was all that funny!! I was grateful for her company though. By about 8:15 the dogs were done with entertaining themselves and Saide took to her barking, telling me it was her turn for some of my attention. She gets this way when I have been at work all day, and then come home with a list of things to get done. She just needs her time too!! Shortly after nine I finished all the "cut-in" work. Now I just need to roll the rest. The color paint is called "Pale Daffidle", it's a pale yellow that just looks bright and happy. One of the four walls will be all yellow, then we are going to put white bead board half way up the other 3 walls. I am really excited to be getting this done. One step closer to being ready for this little girl when she makes her grand entrance into this world. It's still so amazing to me that I am having a baby of my own. How many nieces, nephews and friends babies have I watched grow and love. Now I will have my very own. All I can say is Heavenly Father is a very trusting person to send this precious little spirit into my care to be a steward over!!! I just hope and pray I will be the kind of Mother this baby needs. My friend told me the other day "Don't worry! Nate's been up there telling this baby all your qwirks, so she'll be ready for you!!!" She's lucky to have her Uncle Nate there to give her some adivse on how to deal with her mommy. Hopefully she's been taking notes!!!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Catherine,

I am so excited for you to join the misery and absolute joy that is motherhood. Can't wait to meet her. I'm glad your blogging, I'll be spying on you.