Sunday, June 15, 2008

*Ode to Brice

I really married a great man! On Saturday morning I asked Brice to do 3 "honey-do's" for me. The first was to move my filing cabinet downstairs, second to fill the dog food bin (the bag is 30 # and I'm milking this pregnancy while I can!), and third was to move our 100 # coffee table out of the family room so I could clean the carpet.


Brice is a great cleaner, and when it comes to his car he could spend hours cleaning it and detailing it. I indeed benefit from this as well, as he often turns his attention to my car, but I comment that I wish he was as worried about the inside of our house as he is with his car! Now I am not a cleaning fanatic by any means. In fact my family would use words such as pack rat, kelpto, unnaturally attached to my possessions. But with having a long haired, large dog though you have to stay on top of a few things. Vacuuming and cleaning the carpets amongst them.


Anyway... after we had finished our errands we turned our attention to our house work. I was cleaning up the kitchen, vacuuming and getting ready to mop. I asked Brice to move the chairs out of the kitchen and soon found the table out too. I then looked to find Brice dusting and cleaning out the family room. I looked again to find he not only had moved the coffee table like I had asked, but the dog kennel, the side table, the DVD cabinet, and was moving the couches out, with first wiping down the backside of the leather that sits next to the wall!


This is what I love about Brice. He doesn't love housework (which one of us does?, besides my brother Aaron) but Brice always goes beyond. I would have settled for cleaning around the couches, dog kennel and DVD cabinet. Brice's motto on the other hand is..."if your going to do it, you might as well do it the right way!"


Thanks honey for your help, and for always doing more then I ask. You really are great and I love you so much!!!

1 comments:

SaraG said...

I clicked on the cross stitch link on my profile and found your profile! Congrats on your baby coming!!
I haven't read much of your blog, but am getting ready to look at some more of it. Just thought I would say hi and hope you are doing well. I hope you have some of your pictures posted since I seen you like photography too!!
Take Care!!