Saturday, June 28, 2008

Goodbye old....Hello New!

Earlier in the week, after putting another $350 in repairs into my car, I finally came to the decision that we needed to get rid of my beloved car. This has been such a fun car for me. I bought it spur of the moment, but have loved it. I got it when before Brice and I met. It was kind of a gift to myself. I have alway been very sensible about what cars I have bought, before this one!!! Brice has been trying to talk me into selling it for close to a year now, telling me I could have WHATEVER kind of car I wanted, yet I have wanted just to keep my cute little BMW.
However in the last 6 months we have put almost $1000 in repairs into the car and with the baby on the way, we need something that isn’t as costly to repair!!! Last night as we were driving to the concert I asked him if he felt like we were doing the right thing in buying a new car. He said yes because he couldn’t take the stress of me and the baby driving in a car he couldn’t rely on. I said to him this morning “Do you think these problems (the repair this week and the car dying last night) are my signs we were doing the right thing?” He said yes!

We got up this morning and the plan was that we would go and exchange the cars in the morning and have the rest of the afternoon to do whatever needed to be done. We hoped this would work as planned, as we had found 2 cars we like earlier in the week, and Brice had talked to the salesman (for the first car of choice) yesterday and everything was suppose to be in play. As we were in the car driving towards the car dealership, the other salesman from dealership #2 called to tell us that he had a buyer for my car and they were offering us $1500.00 more for it then the dealership #1.

We continued to dealership #1, we decided to see what they had to say. When we got there we told the salesman that this was the car we wanted, we were definitely buying a car today, but the other dealership was offering more for our trade in. He went to his managers and they came back with $100 more then what they had originally offered us, which was still $1400.00 short of dealer #2. We said thanks, but no thanks!

We called dealer #2 to tell them we were accepting their offer and could be there whenever they had the car. They were getting it from another lot here in Salt Lake. They were having a problem getting the car from the dealer… the other dealership didn’t want to release it to them. He told us to give him 2 hours and he would have the car. So we went home to wait, and have a nervous breakdown!! I really did, and it wasn’t pretty!!! This was more stress and conflict then I could handle. I hate car salesmen, and car dealerships!!! I guess this is why I hold onto cars so long.

Well… to make a very LONG story shorter… the dealership didn’t get the car until 5pm. They then had to detail it and do all of the paperwork. We didn’t leave the dealership until almost 8pm!! So much for having this all done by noon!! We got home to a much neglected dog…giving me the “Someone please pay attention to me!!!” brown eyed sad dog look. She was all too happy to inaugurate the new car with a ride to the gas station for a soda for Brice and me. The car is officially ours, as it now has a few dog hairs in it.

So… we are now a true Honda family, with 2 Honda’s in the garage. Hopefully this will be the end of our car repairs for a while!!!


1 comments:

Kelsie said...

Sweet ride! I really like it. I might start to be a honda lover too! oh and cute picture of Sadie, she is so dang cute!!!

-kelsie