Wednesday, June 3, 2009

*Eight Months Old!!!

Eight months ago today I was in the hospital. My life had changed completely, FOREVER!! I can't believe that it has been eight months. Life has gone so quickly. I LOVE BEING A MOM!!! I love every minute of it! It is amazing how quickly she has changed. I am amazed at all that she can do. She is just seconds away from crawling. She already tries to pull herself up. She is a pro at gurgling. She loves to give me raspberries on my arms. I love her laugh and she has such a sweet smile. She is such a happy baby! Everyone comments on how content she is. This is quickly changing I have noticed this past week. She is starting to know what she wants and when she is not getting it!! :) This poor child... she has been photographed and photographed and photographed!






This morning as I was talking a walk with Sadie and Madi, I was thinking just how lucky I am. I had always wanted to stay at home with my children. This didn't look like it would be a possibility. At the end of my maternity leave I went to go and talk to my boss. I had a very strong feeling that I needed to quit and stay home with Madison. How grateful I am that I have been able to do this. I am lucky enough to be able to work part-time at my job -- working two half days in the office, and than working each day a few hours from home. Plus I have been so blessed to be able to do transcription for the eye doctors that I used to work for. I am so grateful for both jobs, and the fact they allow me to spend so much time with Madi. Finances have been really tight! However we have not gone without anything! We have had major cut backs, we pay a few late fees along the way, but we are making it. I know the only way this has been able to happen is because we pay our tithing! The Lord has always provided for me, and He continues to do so. I love spending time with Madi. We don't have to do anything at all to make it a great day with her. We sit on the couch and snuggle. We laugh and make funny faces. Could I be any luckier? A great husband, a beautiful daughter, and a super pooch!! What more could I need? I have everything I need (for right now! Brice you know exactly what I mean! So stop thinking it!)

Today Brice came home from work and we loaded the dog and the babe into the car and went up American Fork canyon to our favorite lake. As soon as Sadie found the water she was as happy as a clam!! We walked around, found some rocks, ate some chips, had a bottle then came home! It was a great day! Could we do it all again tomorrow? Yep! I can! I LOVE MY LIFE!

2 comments:

cyrie said...

She is so freaking cute! I am glad I got to meet her!

Shy Little Violets said...

I love the outfit and bow you have her in. She's so beautiful!