Monday, October 4, 2010

*First Day


I can tell you she gets this first thing in the morning look from me!!
Today was Madie's first day at Day care. I have been telling her all week that she was going to start school, but let's be honest she had no idea what I meant.

When I started back to work full-time I noticed that there was a day care in the building right across the street from my building. One day I went over to investigate. They didn't have any openings (and I really didn't have a need yet) so we put her on a waiting list. I got a call at the end of August that they would have an opening in October if we still wanted to put her in there.

So today was day 1. Madison was excited to get up and get dressed and even leave with me. She wasn't exactly the happiest person when I left! In fact she was pretty quick to turn the water works on. Seriously how do kids know so early on in life just what buttons to push on their paretns? Anyway...I called a couple of times throughout the day and even went to sneak a peek. She seems to be doing well.

When I went to pick her up she was so excited to see me! Made my heart happy. She came running to me in her cute little Madie way and was saying "Mama! Mama!" Love this kid. She took to showing me the toys she was playing with. I thought.. "Wow! Maybe this wont be so bad!" I guess time will tell.. Anyway.. here's to the first day going so well.

Brice had bought some Oreo's and so after dinner I gave Madie a couple. Seriously she makes the funniest faces!! Love this kid!

0 comments: