Monday, October 12, 2009

*The Pumpkin Patch

The fun with starting you own little family is that you get to make your own traditions. I have always wanted to go to the pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin right out of the field. Madi is a little young for picking a pumpkin, but I was to excited to wait another year so we went this year. I asked Brice if he wanted to go along, or if Madi and I should go one afternoon without him. Of course he wanted to go! I love this about my husband, he ALWAYS wants to be with us! When we first got married this was hard for me. I was so used to being alone, and am quite the independant soul anyway. However now I LOVE IT! I love that he always wants to spend all of his spare time with us. Anyway.... that is a discussion for another day! Back to the pumpkin patch...

It had been a really bad day for me, busy with work, Madi was ornery... blah, blah, blah. I wasn't in the mood to go, but it was what I had planned for Family Home Evening... so we went. Of course Madi didn't take an afternoon nap (because I really needed her to and that would have been convienent) so as soon as we got going in the car she was out like a light. It only took us a few minutes to get there and so I almost didn't want to wake her. I'm glad we did though because once we got out it was fun. Madi at first was just kind of looking at me like "what are we doing?" However once she had woken up a little bit she started to enjoy the experience a little more. It was a fun evening and I can't wait until next year when Madi is another year older and gets a little more into it.

Of course I had my camera... so here are some picutres.

My sweet Princess and her HOT daddy!
Madi amoungst the Pumpkins

Going for a ride in the wagon

Madi and her little pumpkin (she was excited to hold it)

Me and my little sweetie

"Mom... are you coming?"

Thanks babe for going with us, for indulging me and for and being such a great daddy to our little princess. I love you!

0 comments: