Wednesday, October 21, 2009

*All in a days work!

This morning Madison in her curious/adventurous state of life pulled Brice's bed side table over on her. It's just a tiny little table with a shelf where Brice keeps a few papers, phone charger and alarm clock. I thought I had caught it before it hit her, but she sure was crying. I thought it had just scared her and was loving her and comforting her. Well a while later when I looked at her sweet little face I saw two red spots. One on her forehead and the other on her nose. I guess the shelf got her after all!!! Poor baby!


Later in my day....
Sadie has incredible fur, as most Golden's do. Her paws and between her toes get so hairy! It is a problem especially when we go for walks because the fur becomes so dirty and I am to lazy to wipe her paws before coming in the house! Plus it's hard with a baby! Anyway... I finally got the razor out because I couldn't stand looking at them any longer! I have been threatened her that iI was going to shave them for so long. As I started to shave her paw I thought "WOW!! This looks really short!" I just thought that it must blend better once we shave her. Anyway... so I go to put the razor away and found that I had the wrong blade on!!! WHOOPS! Brice said... "Well it wouldn't be Sadie if at least once a year she didn't look like the red-headed step-child!" Thanks honey.. that makes it all better!
She really does look like the red-headed step-child though! Poor dog! This evening we went to the vet. Sadie had a laser treatment on her knee. Hopefully this will help her. She has been limping around for some time now. I thought that she maybe had fractured her knee around the plates so we had an x ray. All looks good there so they think that she must have torn her meniscus. The vet decided instead of opening her knee to do exploratory surgery they are trying laser first. The nice thing is there is a vet there that is wanting to learn to perform lasers so her first couple of treatments are on the house! Thank goodness. This dog is worth more than I am! (And costs more too!) Anyway.. I think it helped. She wasn't limping as much tonight. We go back on Saturday for another treatment. She will be sad though.... when mom comes tomorrow to tend I told her she can't bring Callie! They will both be sad!


On a good note... As I was doing some work at the computer this afternoon Madi came up to my chair and she put her head against my leg. I bent down and kissed her forehead. As I moved away she stood on her toes as if asking for more kisses. I loved it!! Sadie does this all the time. I call the spot between Sadie's eyes the kissing spot. I will smooch her several times and then move away. She will lift her head and put it right up against my lips again. Now my daughter is doing this! Not that I am comparing my daughter to my dog mind you. I just think it's great that they both know that means love from mom! It made my heart smile!


3 comments:

Shy Little Violets said...

Oh your sweet babies! I think going that short on Sadie is not such a bad thing, they track in such crazy things in ther fur anyway. At least it will grow back right!

Krystal said...

Looks like those two keep you busy! As for your sweet princess turning one... Happy Birthday! Wow how fast time goes. So are you ready for another one?! I just love all the pictures you took of her in that brown and pink outfit. I also love love the flower you made. Nice job! Looks like she got more then enough toys! Was it Christmas or what at your house? I'm sure she had fun opening all the gifts. Don't you just love the moment they make a mess with their first b-day cake? You'll always love looking back on those pictures. So it looks like she is all over the place with walking now. This is when life really gets fun! Enjoy

kristin said...

i can't believe she is one! Crazy!! It is the age when if you get pictures without bruises, broken limbs or burns your doing good!!