Sunday, January 18, 2009

*Me and My Posterity

Today in Sunday school we were talking about Joseph Smith and the fact that he came from a family with strong religious beliefs. He had been taught to read from the bible as a boy and was very prepared to be called as the Prophet of the church. When he told his family about his vision of the Prophet Moroni and the gold plates, all of them believed him. There was no doubt by his family, as to what he had seen and what he was chosen to do. Our Sunday School teacher then said something to the effect of how we need to make our homes the kind of environment that the next possible prophet could be raised in. She then said that we don't know if we would raise the next prophet, but we also don't know who is coming in our line and they need to be prepared. I have no idea what my little Madison will become, or who she will be 20 years from now. What I do know is that I want to give her all the love and support she needs to become whomever she will be! Maybe she will raise the next prophet!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Isn't it just crazy to imagine what might be in store for your little one? Unlimited possibilities! It's a little frightening to think that you have such a responsibility. I'm sure you're doing a great job and I know Madison is getting lots and lots of love.

Krystal said...

Ok I love coming to your blog and seeing/reading about all the fun your having, but come on give us a few pictures of that little princess and you too! Hope all is well.