Thursday, January 15, 2009

*Club Mom

For more years then I can count on both hands I have wanted to be married and be a mom! 3 1/2 months ago I joined this mom club and it has changed my life completely!! It is the most amazing, challenging, rewarding, frustrating, overwhelming and incredible thing I have ever done, and like I said...I am only 3 1/2 months into this gig!

I keep waiting for things to get back to normal. I want to be able to clean my house, put all the crap that's on my kitchen counter and table away. Clean the bathrooms and have a shower all in the same day! I get so discouraged, so overwhelmed and I don't know where to start. I feel so unorganized and feel like things will never get back to normal. The other day I walked into my kitchen three times to start to tackle the counter and walked right back out! It takes so long to get anything done, and as soon as I get one thing done and want to move onto the next... my little beauty is crying--waking from her nap! I love holding Madison...it is my favorite. I love that I know what makes her smile. I know how to calm her, and make her laugh! I wouldn't trade this job for all the money in the world. I just didn't know how overwhelming it would be.

The other day while at the Pediatrician's office I mentioned to her that I thought I felt like I had some depression. I told her how overwhelmed and discouraged I feel! She told me that depression could be possible and to talk to my OB/GYN. She then asked me if I was the type of person that was used to getting a lot done in a day. I told her I was. She told me that maybe I just needed to cut myself a bunch of slack. She told me that mothering a child is a HUGE job and even the most organized of women get kicked to their butts once becoming a mother.

How grateful I am for all of my dear friends that I have talked to in the last couple of days who have commiserated with me. It is comforting to know that I am not the only woman in the world who feels this way! Not that it makes things better, it's just very comforting to know that I am not the only one! Thanks gals....what would we do without each other?

2 comments:

kristin said...

Cassie- You are a great mom I already know that- I sat through many discussions with you and your desire to be a mom, and I am so happy for you. Just enjoy it because as you know it goes by fast. you won't remember what your house looked like only that you played with your daughter and made her laugh at the end of the day!!xoxo

Chante said...

I think we have all been there! Seriously! I totally remember those feelings when I first had Ava. I felt like nothing was done, but yet I was so busy! It continues to be busy, but you will be able to feel like you have a good schedule and things will flow so much better as time goes on. Hang in there! You are doing great!