Being sick sucks!!! It sucks even worse when it's your baby who can't tell you where she hurts! Yesterday Madison was really lethargic yesterday. She would go right back to sleep shortly after waking and feeding. The she started to have a bit of a stuffy nose. When we got home last night she was coughing really bad. This morning when we got up she was really "chesty" sounding, and sounding worse then she did last night. Brice said he thought I should call the Dr. Luckily our pediatrician's office has a doctor in on Saturday. I called and they said we could be seen at 9:30. I hurried and got ready and out the door we went.
When we got to the Dr office I asked the receptionist who was the Dr. that was in. Lucky for us Dr. Cox (our Dr.) was in!! First we weight Madi, she is 14 lbs and 14 oz. The girl is growing!!! She has such cute thighs!! The nurse then did a pulse ox. test and took her temp. She has a slight temp. of 99.4. The pulse ox wasn't really all that good. Dr. Cox then came in and took a look at her. She then said what every new mother dreads to hear. She told me she was afraid of RSV! They did an RSV test, listened to her lungs, and redid the pulse ox test.
The test came back as negative-for now! YEA! Her oxygen saturation was better and she is still eating well. But Dr. Cox said she thinks there is a 50/50 chance that she will have to see us again this weekend. I am to keep a close eye on her and if she spikes a higher fever, her eating habits change or her breathing becomes any more labored I have to call the Dr.
My poor little baby! When she coughs it then makes her cry, and she has this soft sad little "I don't feel well" cry. It's breaking my heart. She is so cuddly. I feed her and hold her, that's been the extent of our day. Right now as I type this she is sleeping on my chest! I hope this passes quickly!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
*Being sick
Posted by Catherine at 3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hope she gets better soon too! Owen is doing so great today, he's slept really well the last few nights and I feel great today as well, I think the worst is behind us.
Oh that's awful! Having a sick baby is just the worst. I'm sorry. I hope she gets better real fast.
It is the worst when your baby is sick because they can't communicate with you and it is just a guessing game....and half the time I would go in to the doc they would always just tell me the same thing to try to keep the fever down with meds and watch to see if things get worse. A wasted trip to the doc, but yet reassurance to know they don't have some kind of infection or something else. It is hard! Good luck
Post a Comment