Today Sadie went in to have her right knee operated on. She has done really well with her left knee since her surgery in January. However she started favoring and limping on her right knee a couple of months ago. She spent the 4th of July at mom's so she wouldn't be alone when the fireworks went off, and when we picked her up she was limping so badly I called the vet. They had an opening that afternoon and we took her right in. The vet confirmed what I already knew and we scheduled her surgery for today.
I had to have her at the Vet's at 8am. I dropped her off, she was NOT happy!!! I got a call from the surgeon about noon to tell me everything went really well. He said that her ligament was almost completely gone, and that she already had some arthritis on her femur. He said it's been bad for a while. It's good we got it done!
Brice and I went out to see her after work. She had to stay the night there, so we were only able to visit. I sat down on the blanket next to her and Brice was squatting in front of her. She reached up and put her paw on Brice's arm. It was so cute! She was just laying on a blanket, having no desire to move, but she was glad we were there.
After a couple minutes Brice went to go wait in the waiting room. He knew I wasn't quite ready to leave. :) I sat there just petting her head. Her knee is so swollen and ouchie looking!! When my body couldn't handle sitting in that uncomfortable position any longer I got up to leave. Sadie put her paw on me and gave me her best sad puppy eyes. I knew she wanted to go home with me, and believe me I would have taken her. So sad to leave her there. It's weird to be home without her! Anyway... she gets to come home tomorrow.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
*Second times the charm!
Posted by Catherine at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment