Thursday, July 10, 2008

*A Mother's Touch

Tonight Sadie got to come home. Let me tell you, she was all to ready to get "outta there"!!! We got our instructions, meds, I paid the bill (ouch!) and we were on our way!

She was so happy to be home. We got her some water, some dinner and then she was ready just to sleep. I got her up on her spot on the couch and she snuggled in. Brice was sitting next to her and she was all to content to lay there and be pet.

When I got on the couch a little later, to put my feet up she wabbled over next to me and laid down on the blanket. I had one leg up on the couch, trying to elevate my feet. She put her paw up over my leg and her face on my thigh as well. It was like she was so content just to be there at her house getting the love she needs to make her better.

It made me think to when I was younger and not feeling well. Just knowing that your mom was there to take care of you, always made me feel better. I remember one time after I got home from my mission, I had bronchitis and was so dead in bed. Mom came over to bring me some juice and food. Just knowing that she was around if I needed her was such a comfort. What would we do without our mommy's?

0 comments: