Wednesday, September 2, 2009

*Enough!

It happens before you know it. It comes on a little at a time until finally one day you look and say "How did this happen to me?" I have been asking that question for some time now and I have got to do something about it!


After Brice and I got married I started putting on weight. I had gained about 30 pounds and it was stuck! The fact that I wasn't really eating healthy or exercising on a regular basis didn't help to unstick it either. :) I then got pregnant. I gained another 40 pounds in baby weight. A lot of which was water weight gain, but nevertheless I looked like a small house. The baby weight came off quickly. By the time that Madison was three months old I was back to my pre-baby weight. However I still had the 30 pounds to take off.

Weight for me has been a battle that I have been fighting all my life. I remember being in Jr. High and getting up at 5am to exercise. I have always had a little pooch of a tummy and rather large legs. I have never had a cute little body. It is something that I have always wanted though!

As summer started approaching i didn't fit into any of my shorts. I had had enough. I didn't want to buy any new clothes because I didn't want to buy a bigger size. And so the summer progressed. I had finally decided on a diet plan, but every time I would get started something came up and I once again fell of the bang wagon.

Brice went to California for a business trip at the end of August. Madison, Mom and I went along with him. I told Brice that when we got home I was really going to be serious and diet. I was tired of looking at myself in pictures. Plus the fact that I didn't want to be a fat mommy for Madison.

We got home from CA on Sunday, and Monday I started. I hate dieting! That is why I am the size that I am! What's funny is that I never have an appetite. I don't really have food cravings or hunger. However when I am dieting EVERYTHING sounds good and I want to eat EVERYTHING! I just keep telling myself that I can do it! That is another reason I always fail at dieting. I sabatage myself!
(This was taken of me and Brice while just in Cali)
For Mother's day I got a wii Fit. It really is amazing how much a video game can work your muscles! It is great though because I can do it in the morning, or once I put Madison down for a nap. It's even more difficult to exercise with a baby! Brice came home the other day and asked me if I would like him to get my bike down and fix it up so we could go ride bikes. I thought that would be great. Brice needs to exercise too and then we can get out in the outdoors as well. We found a fun little bike trailor and it has been a lot of fun! Anytime you can make exercise fun... that would be a good thing! So here's to hoping that I can make it to my goal. My ultimate goal is to be a pant size 8 and weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 145. I am just going to start with losing 30 pounds to begin with! I'll keep you updated!


0 comments: